Wednesday, February 9, 2011

setting

In the story Mississippi Solo Eddy does a good job of making the setting of the book seem like another character. Eddy says "After that I'm facing a real river, with current, wind and waves, and traffic"(17). This is showing how he thinks the river is such a beast and how its going to be hard for him to takle this task. In that sentance he makes the river seem like its alive. "The sound of rapids is the same sound of the water falling over those huge beaver dams that threaten my progress"(26). Again he shows how the river is threatening him and making his trip harder.

2 comments:

  1. Agree with HAHAHAHAH:p on the river being another character. Like the quotes he posted, I could imagine the river being a python snake or fat anaconda on steroids attacking eddy and make his trip difficult to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you got off to a good start here, but I don't think your explanations really explain anything. I don't see a connection between your quotes and your explanations. You want to EXPLAIN how that quotes makes the river seem like a beast. How do you get "beast" out of that? I'm not saying you're wrong, I am saying that you need to explain that!
    ________________________________________________

    ReplyDelete