Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Setting
In the book Mississippi Solo by Eddy L. Harris, the setting of the book can be seen as a character. First off, when it states "the river has become an adversary. I see deer munching leaves on the shore"(26). This shows how the setting is and how the setting could contribute as a character because it shows people like characteristics. Also when it states "that rushing sound, the sound of rapids, terrifies me each has hidden deep behind the marsh that has popped up again"(26). This shows how the river has people like characteristics and how fierce and wild it really is. There are many parts in this book that make the setting seem like a character but are different in many ways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You got off to a strong start. You need to see it all the way through though. Make sure that when you make an assertion you explain it all the way. I think I know where you were going with this, but without a more detailed explanation with evidence, I can't be sure. Ya know what I mean?
ReplyDelete