Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Setting

I think Eddy Harris did a fantastic job when it comes to the setting of the book (Mississippi solo). He used very descriptive words to show his audience the setting of the book. For instance, Eddy made the Mississippi River as a setting in most part of the book and you clearly can see the connection between himself and the Mississippi by saying he had dreamed to do that journey and now when he did it he felt a genuine relationship with the river. Eddy told us how the weather, the nights, animals, and rivers and lakes affected his journey. He made these things to look like a character in the story that all readers want to know about him. I myself consider the Mississippi as a character in the story because I want to know where it is going to take Eddy to.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you that Eddy Harris did a remarkable job describing the setting and all of his surroundings, but you never mentioned anything about the characters that he his meeting. How he interacts with the people can reflect the type of setting he his in. Once he gets to Dubuque, Iowa, is when he experiences his first interaction (that we see) with racism. But, yes, Eddy is a fantastic and very descriptive writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also agree he is very discriptive and every time i close my eyes i can almost see what he is talking about he does a very good job of painting a picture in your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ v.persie7- I would like to see a strong use of quotes to support your point. Remember, I've asked you to use 2 quotes to support your point. I think if you had done this, it would have helped you to support your point better and develop it further. Remember, when you are posting, you need 2 quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @mygirlfriendishot3527- This does not demonstrate an understanding of the book nor the prompt. I don't see anything in your comment that proves that you are reading this book. Refer to the scoring guide to help you on your next blog!
    __________________________________________________

    ReplyDelete