Mr. Eddy Harris does a fantastic job on preparing the setting for the reader. He makes the river sound very frightening! The time period in which this occurred was a very racist time, for Eddy to over come all of that was pretty awesome. I believe that he describes the river as treacherous and the "mighty Mississippi". The people that he describes around him makes it more and more interesting. The whole setting all together makes it seem like you can see yourself in the book.
I disagree with your post because I think that Eddy, even though he is the only african american, he doesn't really deal with that much rasism. He is mostly on the river the whole time. I do agree with the fact that Eddy describes the river details very well. I feel like I am in he boat with him.I disagree that the book describes the other characters not so well. He should descibe more information on the people individually.
ReplyDeleteI also disagree with your post because yeah its in racist time, but no white person was mean towards him because he was african american. Also he does describe the people around him, but i dont think that's what makes this book interesting more and more because what is so interesting about this book is that him actually canoeing down the Mississippi by himself and how he describes the river as if it was a person.
ReplyDeleteDisagree with your post, I thought the prompt was to describe on why the setting could be another character. also the racism part I don’t think could be another character because that was just part of history and the white people weren’t mean to him, in the book there was guy that made a racist joke, but he felt bad after he found out that eddy Harris didn’t like it. The river part I would agree with you, eddy Harris did a great job on developing the river into another character. He gives the river human characteristics describing in great detail maybe even said that the river had emotions.
ReplyDeleteI believe that this post is a very broad description of the setting. Using simple words like awesome and fantastic doesn't make me take this post seriously. Also, I have read the prompt and this post doesn't agree or disagree with the prompt, or even follow the prompt. I believe that the author describes and interacts with the river as if it with another character in the story.
ReplyDeleteI agree with what you are saying about how Eddy Harris describes the river. It is very frightening and a scary adventure to go on. He chose to go on this, knowing the encounters he might make, not everyone was going to like him. He did end up meeting some people who did not like him just because they jumped to a conclusion about him, just because of his skin color. But, you never explained how characters help with the setting.
ReplyDeletei agree and disagree. i believe the part about the racism and how i can see myself in the book. but i disagree what you say about "the might mississippi" because i believe that harris treats the river as a charecter and he shows how he interacts with it.
ReplyDelete@ Jonhops7- I would like to see you bring this up a notch. You were supposed to answer ACECE. If you had, I bet your answer would have been a bit more developed. Next time be sure to refer to the scoring guide to help you "up your game."
ReplyDelete__________________________________________________
ReplyDelete