Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Theme

I believe the theme in Mississippi Solo is to always go for your dream no matter what people say. This is shown when Robert says "envy is what fuels their convictions." (8) this shows that when people want what you have that desire to fulfill your dream, they will tell you not to do it for many different reasons, however, the real reason is because secretly they wish they had the courage to reach their dream just like Eddy does.

4 comments:

  1. I think hat you are on the right track but I disagree because Eddie decided go to go on his trip before people started calling him crazy and doubting his ability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I disagree with your theme because Eddy was motivated to start his journey by what Robert and Robinovich said to him before he left for his journey. Eddy was going to back down from the trip until Robert motivated Eddy to do so, and also Robinovich getting items Eddy needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your thought on the most prominent theme in the book Mississippi Solo. You mentioned a good example of a main obstacle in the path of Eddy's goal. He had to overcome his friends opinions on the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe you should fullfill your dreams no matter what that dream might be. Eddy is doing the right thing by finishing his trip. I do agree with mahsihcaz though because he was going to back down until Robert convinced him to keep going.

    ReplyDelete